Here’s a few smatterings of what else I’ve been doing:
1) NOT going to Oktoberfest at the Wies’n. Last week the weather wasn’t great and I didn’t feel like going, and when I tried on Sunday, this is what the U-Bahn to the Wies’n looked like. All those people were trying to get on. So I left and
2) Saw some famous paintings at the Alte Pinakothek. I burn out very quickly on art museums, so I only spent an hour or so here before leaving again.
3) Touristing. Welcome to Bavaria.
4) Visiting my first biergarten. I realized it’s kind of weird going by yourself, so I don’t know when I’ll be back. Except that, most important of all:
5) I made my first friend! She and I both showed up for the English-speaking Mass at Allerheiligen am Kreuz, but apparently it wasn’t being held that day. So we walked up the street together to St Michael, and went to Mass there (in German).
Here’s St Michael by the way – the first time I went, last week, and then on Sunday afternoon, still full of incense from that day’s Masses.